Introduction to M2M Technologies: What Wireless or Wired Option is Right for Your Company & ProductsDecember 15, 2015
Introduction to M2M Technologies: What Wireless or Wired Option is Right For Your Company or Products
By Syed Zaeem Hosain, ‘Z’, Chief Technical Officer, Aeris Communications, Inc.
As the M2M/IOT technology landscape evolves, so do your choices for connectivity. What is the best option for your program today, five years, and ten years from now? Mr. Hosain will review the pros and cons of connectivity options including wired, Wi-Fi, cellular, satellite and more for different M2M and IOT applications.
During this session, we will review the reasons for deploying an M2M and IoT application, the connectivity and technology options available and their characteristics, the future of cellular IoT, and the future challenges for these implementations.
What Attendees will learn:
- Why an M2M and IoT deployment may make sense for you.
- What technologies for connectivity are right for your business needs.
- What is the future of IoT around the world.
Who should attend:
- Companies building a new M2M or IOT program or connecting new products/devices for customers.
- Individuals managing M2M/IOT programs, including executives, product managers and engineers.
- Companies in the healthcare/medical, point of sale, monitoring & metering, digital signage, fleet, consumer automotive, fleet and utility industries.
About our presenter:
Syed Zaeem Hosain, ‘Z'
Chief Technical Officer, Aeris Communications, Inc.
Mr. Hosain is responsible for the architecture and future direction of Aeris’ networks, development programs and technology strategy. He joined Aeris in 1996 as Vice President, Engineering and member of the founding executive team of Aeris. Mr. Hosain has over 35 years’ experience in the semiconductor, computer and telecommunications industries, including product development, architecture design and technical management. Prior to joining Aeris, he held senior engineering and management positions at Analog Devices, Cypress Semiconductor, CAD National and ESS Technology. Mr. Hosain is Chairman of the International Forum on ANSI-41 Standards Technology (IFAST) and is on the Board of the Mobility Development Group (MDG) and the IoT M2M Council (IMC) . He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science and Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA.